The development of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), or Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPA-S) is a promising new chapter in the history of aerospace. In 2012 it became clear that the commercial and even consumer market will have a great impact in the development of this industry.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems are important for commercial applications such as aerial photography, GEO-information, agricultural remote sensing and application, pipeline and power line surveillance, fisheries and wildlife monitoring, fire-fighting, weather and climate studies, security, law enforcement, rescue, recovery missions and event broadcasting. Moreover, the consumer has found the UAS as (info)tainment product.
This event brings experts, developers, manufacturers, service providers, system integrators and end users together, to create an UAS business ecosystem.
The following topics will be covered:
- Update of international regulations for UAS and diversified national regulations, certifications and licensing for UAS (inter)nationally;
- Insight in development regarding L-UAS (fixed wing, rotary wing, flapping wing, aerostats), control, security, recovery, endurance and sense-and avoid;
- Insight in development of sensor technology, deployments and integration of software / services;
- Legal aspects, Insurance and liability;
- UAS deployment, the real world (several cases presented by end-users and manufacturers).
The Event aims to :
- Increase awareness about the significant potential of Unmanned Aircraft Systems commercial applications for the professional market;
- Create an UAS business ecosystem
- Get insight how the commercial and even consumer market will influence the growth (n volume and money) of this industry;
- Increase awareness about possibilities of new lightweight, light energy, stand-off sensors;
- Raise political awareness of the potential and to contribute solving current obstacles in Europe to the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- End users from the following industries / governmental bodies
- aerial photography / cinematography,
- agricultural remote sensing and application,
- pipeline and power line surveillance,
- fisheries and wildlife monitoring,
- weather and climate studies,
- law enforcement,
- recovery missions,
- event broadcasting
- UAS Manufacturers (incl. Open Source and consumer products)
- Sensor manufacturers
- Service providers / System integrators
- Research Institutes
- Venture Capital
- Regulatory and Certification bodies